- Combine and mix all the ingredients in bowl together. Place dough onto the counter (or mixer) and knead for 5-10 minutes until developed. The dough may be sticky at first, but after kneading for a couple minutes, it will be less sticky.
- After mixing, place the dough in a lightly grease bowl covered. Let it rest for 1 hour in the bowl. Place the bowl in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, turn the dough onto a flour counter top. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a rectangle evenly into a ¼ inch thick rectangle.
Filling and Baking
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon together; mix evenly.
- Butter needs to be at room temperature. Spread the butter onto the surface of the rectangle then add the brown sugar and cinnamon mix over evenly.
- Roll the dough over itself to form a log. Cut log into 12-16 pieces depending on the cinnamon roll size.
- Place the cut pieces onto a line parchment paper tray. Make sure to leave ½ inch spaces between pieces.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes (or until golden on top) at 400 F.